Dissociation is a misunderstood obstacle to effective therapeutic outcomes.
A SEMINAR DESIGNED TO HELP YOU RECOGNISE AND WORK WITH 10% OF YOUR CLINICAL CASES
This seminar covers :
- why so little knowledge in the therapeutic community?
- confusion with schizophrenia
- what happens when shock hits
- the role of Hollywood
- Dissociation: one of the three biggest problems facing us therapists today.
The day's programme:
- case studies
- the dissociative continuum
- Primary Dissociation
- isolated neural networks
- neurological connections disrupted
- left and right hemisphere activity
- revolving door metaphor
- Issues of safety
- Secondary Dissociation
- The complexity of Tertiary Dissociation (DID)
- Tertiary Dissociation, case examples
- 3 phase treatment plan as standard procedure
Mary Sutton has spent over 15 years of private practice specializing in trauma-based disorders. Her post-graduate study has been in psychotherapy for adults still affected by complex childhood traumas. Mary has lectured in Psychology, Counselling and Social Work at Macquarie University, University of Western Sydney and Tabor College.
This is a ONE DAY WORKSHOP with Mary Sutton at Gnadenfrei Counselling & Psychology
Address: 84 Brickworks Road, Kallangur - just north of Brisbane (see map below)
DATES: TBA (9am to 5pm)
COST: $250 (Early Bird of $220 if paid before TBA)
Earns 7 PD points & a Certificate of Attendance will be issued.